CBD is taking the world by storm, rising in popularity as people discover its benefits to their health and wellness. If CBD is something you’re interested in learning more about, then you also need to know more about the various forms it comes in – specifically CBD isolate. Let’s take a closer look at CBD isolate, the good, the bad, and the helpful.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate may be a new concept for you, but it’s not a difficult one to understand. It’s simply pure CBD that has been isolated from the other compounds present in the cannabis plant. It’s the purest form of CBD you can find on the market.
This isolate is made in much the same way as any other CBD product. The concentrated CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant, purified, and filtered. One more step is added to the process called winterization. In this process, impurities such as waxes, plant particles, and terpenes are removed from the final product – which leaves you with nothing but pure CBD in powder or crystal form with no odor or flavor. It’s 99 percent pure cannabidiol.
Benefits of Isolate
There are several benefits to using CBD isolate. These include:
- Lowest Amount of THC – Isolate lacks the THC that produces the psychoactive effects of cannabis. Many full-spectrum CBD products contain trace amounts of THC but CBD isolate is pure enough that it has none. Making it a great choice for people sensitive to THC even in trace amounts.
- Many Modes of Consumption – Isolate is easy to consume because there are so many ways to do it! You can use a cream, vape, place it under your tongue, or even add it to your breakfast smoothie. We’ll dive deeper into how to use CBD isolate in a bit.
- Easier to Dose – You can easily figure out what your dose needs to be based on your weight and you can easily experiment to get the right dose.
How to Use CBD Isolate
When dealing with CBD in its purest form you have a lot of options for how to take it. You can take it a few different ways, such as:
- Sublingual – one of the easiest ways to use isolate is to place it under your tongue where it quickly absorbs into your system in about a minute, delivering the CBD compounds right into your bloodstream
- Create Custom CBD Oil or Topicals – One of the best things about CBD isolate is its versatility. If you like to create your own edibles or botanicals to enjoy, then feel free to mix CBD isolate with coconut or avocado oil making it possible to add it to your favorite morning smoothie or simply rubbing directly on sore muscles.
- Inhalation – CBD isolate can be used in a special vape pen or water bubbler, allowing you to inhale CBD vapor for a faster effect
- Ingestion – Mixing CBD isolate into food products is simple and since there’s odor or taste, it won’t alter the flavor of your favorite recipe. It can also easily be placed in edible capsules or pillows, allowing for precise dosage.
Buying CBD Isolate
When buying isolate, you must research the companies you’re buying from. Make sure they’re reputable and that their products are tested by a third-party lab to ensure purity. After all, you don’t want to pay for a product you think is pure CBD only to get a product that isn’t! Do your research and invest in only the highest quality products.
The Case Against CBD Isolate
What makes CBD isolate so great, that it’s pure CBD, also happens to be its biggest drawback. Many other CBD products that contain other compounds found naturally in the cannabis plant produce what is called the “entourage effect.” That means that CBD isolate doesn’t work together with other compounds, which may reduce the potency of the product. Different compounds in cannabis work together to produce different effects. It’s up to you to decide which CBD product benefits you the most.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you intrigued by the idea of isolate? If so, there are probably still a lot of questions you want answers to. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions to help.
What is the difference between CBD oil and CBD isolate?
CBD isolate comes in a powder or crystal form that is very potent. CBD oil, on the other hand, comes in different dosages and may require you to take more for the same effects. Oil is also often full-spectrum and those differences are little more significant than simply oil versus powder.
What is the difference between isolate and full-spectrum CBD?
Remember that CBD isolate is CBD in its purest form, without any other components naturally found in the cannabis plant. A full-spectrum CBD product, on the other hand, contains all of the cannabinoids found in the plant, including naturally occurring THC. To follow federal law, full-spectrum CBD products cannot have more than 0.3 percent THC, which won’t produce any psychoactive effects for most people.
Is full spectrum CBD better than isolate?
Full-spectrum CBD products may have the “entourage effect”. When all the compounds in CBD work together, then you may experience a balance of wellbeing. But the choice is ultimately up to you. If you find that CBD isolate is doing what you need for your health and wellness, then there’s no reason to switch to a full-spectrum product.
What is the biggest advantage of full-spectrum CBD?
There is a full range of benefits to CBD, but probably the biggest when it comes to full-spectrum CBD oil is the combined effect of the different cannabinoids found in a full spectrum product. Due to this, full-spectrum CBD has a larger range of overall balance. The advantage of full-spectrum CBD is personal, so experimenting with products is one way you can find out if a product is more advantageous for you over another.
How much CBD should I take?
Everyone is different when it comes to CBD dosage and how much you need is influenced by a variety of factors. The best course of action is to start with a low dose to make sure you don’t have a negative reaction to the product. Most products have a serving size listed on the packaging based on your weight and level of balance you’re looking for (mild, moderate, or severe).
Remember that when you’re dealing with CBD isolate, one milligram of powder is one milligram of pure CBD. That makes precise dosing with CBD isolate easy – one of its many advantages! If you think you need to up your dose, then wait at least six hours before taking more.
Do you swallow CBD oil?
You can add CBD oil to almost any food you can think of or simply drop it on your tongue and swallow it, which makes it a very versatile product. Feeling the effects of CBD when you swallow it may take a while since it takes longer to be absorbed into your bloodstream when ingested this way.
Is CBD Oil addictive?
There is no evidence that anything contained in CBD products is habit-forming. Plus, since it has very low levels of THC, it doesn’t impact the receptors in the body that can become dependent on a substance.
Is CBD isolate legal?
The simple answer is that yes, isolate is legal. The more complicated answer is that laws surrounding CBD vary from state to state. The biggest factor that determines the legality of CBD products is if they’re derived from hemp or marijuana. The two plants have very different classifications under the law. That’s why you need to ensure that the CBD products you buy are derived from hemp and not marijuana, otherwise, the product you have may not be legal where you live. It also must:
- Have less than 0.3 percent THC (which isn’t a problem for CBD isolate)
- Be grown by a licensed grower
- Adhere to state and federal regulations
That’s why it always pays to know your local laws surrounding CBD as well as do your research on the products you buy.
The Bottom Line
There’s a lot to know about CBD and CBD isolate. The information you gather can seem intimidating at first, but as you can see, it’s simple when you break it all down. The truth is that CBD isolate is one of the most versatile CBD products you can find. Now that you know all there is to know about this amazing product, you can find ways to integrate into your healthy lifestyle choices.